Exercising indoors isn’t anything new, but it can feel frustrating when you’re familiar with heading to your local gym or yoga studio for a workout. Fortunately, you can still get that invigorating workout in at home, and there are activities the whole family can do to stay motivated and healthy.
Bring Fitness Home (Digitally)
If you can’t go out for classes, you can still stream them at home. This way, you get the benefit of having an instructor guide you without leaving the house.
- Attend live streaming classes from your favourite yoga studio.
- Choose from free online activities that get the whole family moving.
- Use streaming workout services to find the fitness style that works for you.
Equip Your Space for a Good Workout
You don’t need an entire home gym to stay fit during the coronavirus pandemic. Choose a few key tools and gear, and you can enjoy working out anywhere in the house.
- Leave enough space in your fitness area for pre-workout warmups.
- Choose gear that fits your home and workout space (and your budget).
- Prepare your space for fitness with rubber flooring that’s safe and comfortable.
Maintain Good Habits
Sticking with healthy habits is one way to avoid weight gain and failed fitness goals during the lockdown. Here are healthy steps to take while staying home.
- Grab healthier foods when you head (safely) to the grocery store for the week.
- Create a healthy eating schedule for the whole family (one that includes fresh food and plenty of fiber).
- Set up snacks for kids in advance so you don’t have to prep ten times a day.
Exercise Outside Your Home Safely
If you’d like to exercise outside of your home, make sure you take all the necessary precautions.
- Take your yoga practice to your backyard or a park.
- If you’re going for a run, maintain a healthy distance from people and find a less populated route.
- Beyond Boxing is offering private training sessions with their fitness experts.
From maintaining your fitness routine to keeping your healthy eating plan on track, the pandemic has no doubt thrown a wrench in your daily routine. But with access to remote fitness support, the right equipment for home workouts, and healthy snacks to balance your efforts, things will get easier.
Photo via Rawpixel